Here is a wonderful recipe that I found on a great website, "Tropical Traditions." I have mentioned this site before, because they feature coconut, a massively healthy ingredient. I only made tiny changes, but essentially the recipe below is directly from Tropical Traditions:
- 27 oz full fat coconut milk (In Canada, that's just under two cans, but I used two full cans. . .you can never have too much coconut milk)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 droppers full of liquid stevia. You can use powdered stevia. You are going for a sweetness factor equal to approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons melted grass fed butter, (if you can not get grass-fed, organic is the next best option)
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract - check the label to ensure there is no sugar in the ingredients
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the blended mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions. I have an older ice cream maker, so I turned it on and added the mixture about 5 to 10 minutes before we sat down for dinner. By the time we were ready for dessert, dessert was ready!