Looking for a really healthy, tasty, warming breakfast? Allow me to share this amazing post from one of my favorite recipe authors, Elana Amsterdam. Her website and her book are an inspiration, and her recipes usually take very little manipulation to make them "Advanced Plan Approved." Her Porridge recipe is a perfect example. There are enough superfoods in this lovely cereal to get anybody going in the morning!
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup boiling water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour boiling water into the blender, cover with lid. Then cover lid with a tea towel.
- Blend very carefully starting on low setting, then moving to high, until porridge is smooth
- Transfer porridge to a bowl. By the time you rinse and dry the blender, the consistency will be perfection!
- We like to garnish this with a few tablespoons of frozen blueberries.