This bread is the perfect accompaniment to Caesar Salad or any variety of your favorite chili. But honestly, you will find yourself wanting to munch on the bread alone. . .like the "bad ol' days" when you polished off a bag of Doritos in front of the TV.
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 oz. organic (preferably raw) old cheddar cheese, grated
1 organic free range egg
1. Combine all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar) in a bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk egg; then combine it with the dry ingredients.
3. Knead the mixture with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. The "dough" will form a ball.
4. Form the dough into a large circle about 2/3 inch thick.
5. Cut circle into 16 slices.
6. Place slices on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 - 10 minutes.
8. Open the oven door, turn off the oven, re-close the oven door, and leave the bread in the oven for another 7 - 10 minutes. (If you like a softer consistency, remove the bread when the initial 10 minutes has elapsed.)