I have had this recipe in my notes for so long, I honestly don’t know where I found it. I did change the preparation instructions, though, to simplify the process, but props to the original writer, whoever you may be.
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
¼ teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
1 cup chopped raw pecans
½ cup organic butter
1/8 teaspoon Now brand or Kal brand stevia
1 tablespoon pure vanilla (no sugar – check the label)
1. In a stand mixer, or using an electric hand held beater, combine the butter and stevia. Add the vanilla and mix again until all three ingredients are incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, including the pecans.
3. Combine the butter mixture with the dry ingredients.
4. Using a piece of parchment paper, form the dough into a log, approximately 2 ½ inches in diameter.
5. Freeze the log for approximately 1 hour; then unwrap and cut into 1/8 inch slices.
6. Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with a clean piece of parchment paper.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Cool and serve.
Makes 24 cookies