Monday, August 17, 2009

Welcome


Since the first day I released "Good Food," I have wanted to create a blog for people who have bought or downloaded the book, as well as for those who have simply tried a few of the recipes I have shared through the Maximized Living Makeovers, newsletters, etc. I wanted to blog about the recipes, the processes, and the tricks and tools I have picked up over approximately 3 years of developing the recipes and the "Maximized" lifestyle for my family.

This has been a journey for me, as it may be for you. I want to hear your stories of overcoming the habits and pitfalls of the North American food supply, which, left unchecked, will have a devastating effect on your health, and the health of those you love. The happiest accident of the journey for me has been that I have discovered a world of what I like to call "Gourmet Good Food, Maximized." When I see a chef's beautifully prepared masterpiece, the first thing I want to do is "Maximize" it and enjoy eating it with my family. You can do the same. I hope you will then share your recipes, and the triumphs as well as the tragedies you encounter in your kitchen on your own journey to a "Maximized " lifestyle. And be sure to ask any questions you may have - they are usually questions for which LOTS of people need answers.

So, welcome, and, as one of my absolute favorite chefs, Jacques Pepin, always says, "Happy Cooking."